Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

ZERO VOICE LEVEL!

Keeping an art room completely quiet is impossible and boring, but to keep ones sanity while teaching 8 classes a day, there is a level I strive for my student's voices to stay within.  Strive is the optimal word here.  

During my first year of teaching I found myself yelling over the students trying many different strategies that just didn't work.  I finally found one I liked and that the students responded to.  I started using the 0,1,2 voice level chart.  This, for the most part, seems to do the trick.  The only downside to using this technique is constantly waking myself up at night yelling Zero Voice Level!


This chart was made in a pinch and will be redone.



 Maybe replaced with this:



 Or this:
Which one do you think will be most effective?

No comments:

Post a Comment